Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Colorful signs







I work from home and have for almost 4 years now, ...and sometimes my mode of communication throughout the day is through Instant Messenger. Its very helpful for a quick check in with my boss or to shoot someone a quick message if I'm on the phone and they're trying to call me. So this past Monday I wanted to ask my boss a question- so I shot her a message and said "Yellow"... which in my terms meant ...Hello. My grandma used to answer the phone like that sometimes in her sweet Grandma voice-... "Yellow,...well Hi honey, how are You"...LOL. It doesn't come through that way when using IM though-...because to my Yellow-...my boss replied- "Do you always randomly just blurt out colors"... to which I explained my Yellow, meant Hello............... She then replied-... Kelly, its crazy, because me and 2 of your co-workers were just sitting here trying to decide what color the shirts should be for Blakeys walk in April and you just blurted out Yellow... so Yellow it is !!...







I think that's pretty amazing... and yet another sweet sign of subtle guardianship from this sweet little Angel in our lives... so of course it made me do some digging a little-


I wanted to look up Blakey and Chases Birthstone- Blakeys birthday is Aug 24th and Chases bday is Aug 29th...........




Their birthstone is Peridot- which ranges in color but most usually is Yellowish Green-... it is believed that the forces of nature are alive in the Peridot and it is believed to represent vitality. It signifies strength both individual and within a relationship, as well as promise of new growth in the years ahead.








Colorful little signs... I like to think so...

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this blog.

    I just want to tell you that the color yellow, as silly as it may seem, always makes me feel so warm...like a big hug. I buy everything in yellow. LOL

    If you haven't already Kelly, please read a book called "The Shack". If you haven't heard about it, look it up on Amazon. I really loved it...and I think it will give you some comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome story... now I HAVE to get a shirt. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly, you are such an amazing writer. I love reading your posts on Myspace/FB, and saw you were posting here now. I've bookmarked the site so I can get to it easily. I've told you before that you are an amazing woman. I hope you will find some comfort knowing that you are the best mom you can be and Blake knew that too. Take care sweetie.
    Hugs:)
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm looking forward to getting the shirt, and it's cool knowing why it's yellow, great story!
    Love ya kell <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your little Blakey-what an angel-I read your whole story-what a blessing that boy was and will continue to be forever. I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet one.

    ReplyDelete