Friday, February 9, 2007

How can my heart split in two ??

In the winter of 02- a year after Dave and I married and 5 days before our anniversary, .. something wonderful happened-... Christmas Eve, we were set to take a carriage ride with the whole family through the park and to see Christmas lights, .. but something was different about this day.. I realized I was late .. and when I say late- we all know I don't mean late for being anywhere-....... yes, that kind of late-.. I remember rushing out, buying the tests , the one with 2 in the box... I took the first one, and quickly a positive showed- ... certainly it was wrong-... I took the 2nd, .. same quick affirmation. WOA, .. what do I do, .. suddenly I felt like a teenager again, ... I cant tell my parents, then they'll know I had sex !!! What will Dave say, .. will he be mad- , upset, scared, .. oh lord- the thoughts-.. But we don't want kids, .... we want boats, and lake houses, .. and money.... now what-................ that was 4 years ago this Christmas..
Christmas Eve 06-... we were getting ready to go out to celebrate our Anniversary, and the holidays with the family, .... and I thought to myself, .. I know I am late- but certainly not-.. maybe I should just check just in case.. Daves lil sis ran out, and came back with the tests- and it seems like before the pxx even hit the strip- BOOM- a quick plus sign appeared-.. and it seemed like time kind of stood still for a minute-... did I actually hear laughing, .. was that damn plus sign actually smiling and winking at me- ?? AGAIN ??? But how can this be ... we want boats, and a lake house, .. and Money-...
I don't know how my heart can possibly have room to love the way I already love, .. can my heart really split in two.. all I know now, is that this is what life is all about- I love that sweet little voice in the morning that says, "Mommy time wake up"... I love wondering who this new little creation is going to look like, ... if it will be a boy or a girl, ... will he have a brother or a sister ?? I love this part of life- and I know, .. these things are more precious than anything we could ever "Buy",,, so our boat is one that we play with in the bath,... our " lake house" is actually Diegos rescue center that we play with on the floor- and our Money is just that monopoly money we put in Chases wallet so he can get gas for his "motorcycle" that he rides through the kitchen.
We truly have everything we want- and we are very blessed !!! Can't wait for August 07 to meet the new little Green !!
xoxo
Have a great weekend !!
Kel

No comments:

Post a Comment