Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I can't wait one more 2nd..............
















615am and there he was, standing next to my bed...staring at me as I slept........ then finally........

" Mommy, ......what time is Daddy getting up for work ?".... ..Not for a little while babe, jump in here.....what's up ? ... "Uggghh, I can't sleep,..... can we get up ?"-... "

Yep this little man we JUST brought into this world like yesterday was starting his first day of 2nd grade and he was super pumped !!.. He jumped out of our bed..threw on his carefully picked out clothes and darted down the steps... can we go out yet...pllleeeease ?? I had to remind him, he got up SUPER early and we can't go stand at the stop an hour and 1/2 early. He talked to me about the order of the bus line this year... that the littlest ones that are just starting should get to take the front spots to get on, and that last in line is the new first. We had breakfast, watched a couple shows ...then finally we went out to enjoy the early morning... he jumped on his bike and as soon as I said.. "Be careful buddy"........... BAM-... on the pavement and there it came, ..the delayed scream............... our neighbor came running, I was in slow mo running to get to him... God please no broken bones... its the FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL........... slow to get up, the crying didn't stop.. but all was ok... besides his pride as all the kids at the other stop witnessed "The accident" .......and about 5 layers of skin were missing from the right knee. All was still ok...

The bus came and they all posed for pics as they herded themselves onto the big yellow bus... barely tall enough to peer out the window at all of us as we waved at them wildly as if they were all being shipped off for days... Soo cute these little times....

I wonder as he goes and as the bus gets smaller in my view, ... How are we doing so far ??... When someone says "Good Morning Chase" ...will he say Good Morning back with a good tone and smile ? If he sees a kid that's sad or lost, ..will he lend them a hand or show them the way .........and will he never EVER be a bully and be there for those that may be bullied ? I realize about myself today that I don't often wonder what he will grow up to do with his life... I wonder what he will grow into and who he will be. Of course what he does is very important and it is NOW that is shaping him into the little man he is to become... It is days like today that we send them off on their own that are sooo important... those choices they make ..all on their own...

I hope he always shows his heart... uses his head... and broadens his mind..

Keep it up Chaser... don't be in such a hurry though... we definitely can wait..... at least a few more seconds..
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment